Saturday, March 3, 2018

Deciding Genres

Hey guys! Happy Saturday, I hope you're all having an amazing day. After logging off yesterday, I spent a while debating which idea I should do. I spent lots of time thinking and weighing out my options. I have finally decided to do my first idea. The one I chose was the one with the main character who has a newspaper delivered to their doorstep, telling them what will happen in the next 24 hours.

I need to know how to approach the movie. I'm not sure if I should make it a drama, action movie, etc. I researched which genre is most popular. I think that I should focus on making the film a drama. Drama is the favorite film genre for women, according to Statista, the studies and statistics website. My target audience will be primarily women, due to the fact that most women watch dramas.
Not to mention, according to the information above, drama is the third most popular genre based on total box office revenue from 1995 to 2018.
I have gathered ideas on how to make this film as good as possible. I want to make sure that the camera shots and angles reflect what I am trying to portray to the audiences. I want to make sure that the mise-en-scene adds to a vibe that fits the narrative of the story. I need to research editing programs in order to ensure that I can edit this film intro properly in order to add to the effect of the film. I still have lots of editing, work, research, and planning to do.

Thanks for reading and staying updated, everyone! I'll be back tomorrow to inform you guys on what's happened. Have an amazing rest of the day. Talk to you guys soon! 

(n.d.). Favorite movie/TV genres in the U.S. by gender 2016 | Statistic. Retrieved March 03, 2018, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/254115/favorite-movie-genres-in-the-us/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Introduction!

Click here for the final film introduction!