Saturday, April 7, 2018

Finally got to film! Woo!

       Hey everyone! Happy Saturday! Last post I left you guys on a cliff hanger about beginning to film the introduction. It's been such a long journey, and we've come so far, and although it is not over yet, I'm extremely happy that all of my hours and hours of research and planning and thinking were finally able to be put to life. That is what makes film so beautiful. You get to bring your own beautiful creation to life.

     Shooting the film introduction went extremely well. The actress playing Maddie Holburn, who is my soccer teammate and friend, Haley, is such a talented actress and amazing person and working with her was awesome. Honestly, working with her went so smoothly. A couple of my other friends came to watch me and Haley shoot the introduction, because they wanted to see the behind the scenes. They helped keep us from stressing, and they helped us stay positive when we would need to re-shoot certain scenes to make sure that they were perfect. This is an extremely unglamorous behind the scenes picture of me filming Haley.



     Having the opportunity to put this amazing creation together really has opened my eyes to the world of film. I never realized how much work goes in to making a film. I put days and days of work into a two minute film introduction, I cannot even imagine the stress that comes from filming an actual movie. However, although it it stressful, it is also extremely rewarding to see something you've created and to see other people smile from something you've done.

     Thanks for reading guys, this wild journey is coming to a wrap. I need to edit the clips together and then I'm going to be almost done with this project, which is crazy to say, as it has been such a big part of my life for the past month. I'll update you guys on the film! Talk to you all soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Introduction!

Click here for the final film introduction!