Friday, March 2, 2018

First Blog Post! Woo! Ideas and Inspiration

Welcome to my first blog post! My name is Vicky Brandt, and I'm working on creating a 2 minute film opening. This blog is where I'll be documenting everything. Unfortunately for you guys, I'll be writing and documenting a lot.

In order to begin this long journey, I first need to know what I'm going to be working towards. I need to research, gather ideas, and plan in order to ensure that my final product is as successful as possible. I began working last class and I was researching how to make the best film intro ever. After a while of reading through lots of ideas and inspiration, I managed to narrow everything down to just two ideas. I'm not sure which one I should do.

The first idea I have is somewhat a drama, but it also has comical aspects to it as well. This is my first idea: everyday, the main character is delivered a newspaper, telling them what will happen to them in the next 24 hours. Do they read it or do they not? The first couple days, after the main character reads the newspaper, it ends up in their favor. They were informed about crazy things, like people dying, winning the lottery, etc. They were able to save the person who was supposed to be killed. They use the numbers from the lottery and use them and they end up winning the lottery. They become the most known person in town, life is great. Until, one day, the newspaper does not show something positive. The main character reads "You will die today". Freaked out, they wonder if someone is messing with them. They do not know what to do.

The second idea I have is more humorous, lighthearted, and funny. It is more of a fantasy. This is my second idea: due to a collision of two powerful spells, two wizards, who were battling, were sealed into a tree. That tree is now the main character's coffee table. The table talks to the main character, makes jokes, mocks them, etc. However, the table also wants to be human again. The two wizards ask the main character not to tell anyone, because they live in an undercover area that only wizards know about. The main character has to learn spells in secrecy in order to figure out how to save the wizards.

Those are both of my ideas, now I just need to think about which one I would like to pursue. I'm gonna take the rest of the day to think, and I'll let you guys know tomorrow what I've decided. Have a great rest of the day everyone, I can't wait to continue this project. Talk to you guys soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Introduction!

Click here for the final film introduction!