Sunday, March 4, 2018

Developing The Main Character

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday! I've decided to focus on making the film a drama. Drama genres are the most popular with women viewers. Now that I've decided the overall story and genre, I can focus on the characters. I would like the main character to be a girl. Having a strong woman as the main character and empowering women is something I'd like to emphasize in this film. I researched lots of films that contain powerful female actresses in them, and I am getting an idea of how I would like the main character in my film intro to be. I will find a way to make sure that it is known that there is a strong female lead, therefore empowering women. With my film intro, I would also like to empower minorities, giving them a chance to have a powerful role in a film. I would like to have all of the viewers understand that everyone is equal, no matter who they are, or how they look.

I would like the main character to look like an everyday person, nothing extraordinary. They should fit in with the crowd, until they receive the newspaper. I posted a picture of what the main character could possibly look like. I may model my main character after her. After receiving the newspaper, things begin to change for the main character. They become more known in the town, they become more confident and feel more powerful, etc. I have a friend that is on my soccer team, Haley, and she is in the drama club at my school. I would like to ask her if she is interested in playing the lead role in my film intro. I'll get back to you guys on what she says. Thanks for reading everyone, talk to you soon!

20 Inspiring Films that Feature a Strong Female Lead. (n.d.). Retrieved March 04, 2018, from https://www.hercampus.com/entertainment/20-inspiring-films-feature-strong-female-lead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Introduction!

Click here for the final film introduction!