Friday, March 23, 2018

Preparing the voice messages! Ahh!

Hey everyone! Happy Friday! I hope you're having a fantabulous Friday. I'm so happy that the week is finally over and it is the weekend. With it being the weekend, I now have even more time to plan and shoot and research. I want to make this project as good as possible, and I've put a lot of work into making sure it's great so far.

I'm finally preparing the voice messages that Maddie Holburn will receive. This is what I've planned so far:
First, I am going to create a script with exactly what the voice message says.
Second, I am going to alter my voice, or find someone who can read the message for me. I want to alter my voice, but I'm not sure if that will give a creepy and scary vibe to the intro, and I don't want it to be a horror film, I want it to be a drama film. I may just use someone else's voice.
Then, I am going to film exactly what the voice message says will happen.
I will also need to film Maddie receiving the voice message on her phone, and her reaction to the voice message.
The montage of the voice message playing over the actual events taking place will then be shown to the viewers, giving the voice message some credibility.
Finally, I will have a shot of Maddie's ultimate reaction.

That is what I have planned so far in regards to the voice message. I researched how TV shows or films use voice recordings. It certainly gave me an idea on how to produce the recording and integrate it into the film.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Have a great weekend, I'll see you on Monday!

The Voice Over and Its Use in Film. (n.d.). Retrieved March 23, 2018, from https://ctlsites.uga.edu/nvgf/ethans-article/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Introduction!

Click here for the final film introduction!