Sunday, March 18, 2018

Getting Creative!

     Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you're having a spry Saturday (spry is a new vocab word I'm not entirely sure if I used it correctly). Anyways, I finally decided how to handle my situation. As a refresher from my last blog post, I wanted to have my film intro be more scenic with shots of pretty scenery rather than actual acting. Last media studies class, we were put into groups in order to share our ideas and receive feedback on them and discuss certain things with each other. My group was extremely helpful. I worked with Anish, Kelsey, and Alai. Here is a picture of my group members:


     They were very creative and gave me lots of feedback and ideas on how to make my film introduction as good as possible. They gave me lots to think about and consider. Honestly, before meeting with them, I was kind of close minded with my choices for the plot and details of the intro; I was not being creative. Meeting with them reminded me that I have so many options for everything I would like to do. For example, when the main character is delivered her message, she can read it in a newspaper, or a letter, or receive a text, or a voice message, etc. The possibilities are really limitless. I love the fact that I am completely in charge of creating something, and every decision that goes into the final product is made by me.

     I researched ways to be more creative with film. I saw many ways of personalizing angles and shots to make them original. One way is to use a special filter that creates a specific vibe that you would like to portray. Another way is to switch up angles in order to create a specific mood with the shots. All in all, there are many ways to be personal with film, and I have lots to think about.

     I have decided what I would like to do with the film introduction montage idea I had last blog, but I will address that in the next blog to leave you all on a cliff hanger. :)

     Thanks for reading everyone! See you next time.

McAfee, R. (2016, June 03). How to Be More Creative With the Camera: Film and Video Tricks. Retrieved March 19, 2018, from https://blog.pond5.com/6604-how-to-be-more-creative-with-the-camera-film-and-video-tricks/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Introduction!

Click here for the final film introduction!