Sunday, March 18, 2018

Montage Decisions!

     Hey everyone! I'm gonna save the whole intro for this blog because I'm posting two in a night, so I figured one peppy introduction would be enough for the night.

      I left all of you on a cliff hanger last blog about how I wanted to approach the montage I had in mind for the film intro. I really wanted to have some scenic shots with nice music and create a short montage, but I figured that I have a lot of plot to get through in the first two minutes, so I'm not sure how much time I would even have for the montage. However, in order to make both parts of me happy, I've decided to have a nice montage with her actions, furthering the plot. For example, after she receives the paper stating what will happen in the next 24 hours, a montage of her using those things to her benefit will be shown. Not only will it be fun and pretty and give a nice vibe for the viewers, but it will also add to the plot and really sink in the idea to the audience that the paper is in fact real and truthful.

     I researched how to make a film montage, in hopes of learning more about making film montages! What a concept. I learned that it is always better to add shots, rather than remove them. I also learned that symbols, color, and tone are great ways of furthering and emphasizing certain messages with visual aspects. I still have more to learn and more to plan before I can perfect my montage of Maddie Holburn using her papers to her benefit.

     Anyways, thanks for reading everyone. I'll definitely update all of you on how everything else turns out, especially with me learning more about montages and me planning one so I can begin shooting it as soon as possible. The more you shoot, the better. "Overshoot, overshoot, overshoot!" my teacher always says. It is always better to cut because you have too much than to have to scramble because you have too little.

Post Production. (n.d.). Retrieved March 19, 2018, from http://www.masteringfilm.com/step-by-step-guide-to-montage-editing/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Introduction!

Click here for the final film introduction!