Thursday, March 15, 2018

Changes to intro?

     Hey everyone. Happy Thursday. I hope you're having a terrific Thursday. It's been an extremely long week; I'm exhausted from working, planning, and beginning to shoot, as well as staying on top of all of my school work. However, I have updates! Yay (kind of). I really want to have my film intro be artistic and aesthetic. My favorite part of movies is when a montage of beautiful shots is shown with really cool music playing over it. I finally watched Pitch Perfect 3 this weekend, and in the movie, when the girls travel, shots of the cities they travel to are shown with a cool song in the background. Those shots not only establish where the girls will be staying, but also it excites the audience and gets the viewers ready for the rest of the movie. I feel as if it really lets the viewers become one with the movie and really indulge themselves in the experience of the movie.

     I would love to integrate that into my film making, I'm just not sure if it would fit the plot that I've created. My film intro has a lot of focus on the plot of the story, not necessarily the aesthetics of it. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about this. Should I stay with focusing on the acting and plot of the film, or should I work to make it more aesthetic, with mise-en-scene and pretty shots?

     I researched  ways to integrate prettier film shots into an scene. I have learned about 6 shots that Steven Spielberg uses in order to make his films as beautiful as they are. One technique in specific is filming through objects. I really like this filming technique as it is extremely creative and can be used originally. This is an example of a shot Spielberg used in his 2002 film "Minority Report".


Spielberg Techniques - Foreground objects: an example from 'Minority Report'

 
  Anyways, I'll figure out whether or not I should include a montage of beautiful shots in my intro and get back to you guys with my decision. Thanks for reading everyone. We'll talk soon. Have a nice rest of the day!

Steven Spielberg film techniques – With pretty pictures! (2015, July 15). Retrieved March 15, 2018, from http://www.lavideofilmmaker.com/filmmaking/steven-spielberg-film-techniques.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Introduction!

Click here for the final film introduction!